The rest of the week they were very busy with their other floater responsibilities. All day on Tuesday they planned a party around the theme "Once Upon a Time..." They made posters, cut out 60 lips, tied 100s of water balloons, and made lots and lots of porridge. The games at this marvelous party included a porridge eating contest, a Humtpy Dumpty balloon toss, Cinderella's lost shoes, and pin the Kiss on the Frog. At dinner time it began to rain, and the super duper cool floater fairies were slightly worried that the party would have to be cancelled. But they said a prayer, and decided to go forward with faith that Heavenly Father would make the party possible. The rain soon stopped, and the party went on! The floater fairies were very grateful for their Heavenly Father's constant watchful care. They knew that He wanted this camp to succeed in every way, bringing each of the campers closer to Christ. Unfortunately, because the floater fairies were so busy running the party, there were not any pictures taken.
Each of the floater fairies got their own table at each meal, and girls who didn't have enough room at their table to sit with their counselors came and sat by the beautiful floater fairies. Twinkle absolutely loved it, because she got to meet so many of the girls at camp. The very first meal, three of Scrumptious' girls came and sat by Twinkle, and from then on whenever they saw Twinkle they would yell her name and come give her a big hug. It made Twinkle feel very loved! They also thought it would be funny to come into Twinkle's cabin while she was sleeping and silly string her. Lucky for Twinkle, she was a light sleeper that night, and got away pretty quick! They are some very sweet girls and Twinkle loves them very much!
Twinkle and her fellow floater fairies spent a lot of time in Tree Hut getting to know the D-ship, Kitchen Staff, and Specialists. They were also successful in keeping a fire in the woodburning stove to keep it very warm and toasty in tree hut.
One day the floater fairies were going to Grams and Gramps to take them some yummy lemon poppyseed bread. On their way they were suddenly completely engulfed by a gigantuous flash, almost like a really really big camera flash. Immediately following the flash there was an ear splitting roll of thunder that lasted for quite awhile. The floater fairies were quite frightened, so they ran to Grams and Gramps house. Grams and Honey were out wondering where the lightening had struck and asking if the floater fairies were ok when they got there. The floater fairies ran back to tree hut and found all well there. Then the rain started pouring and pouring. They later found out that the thunder shook all of tree hut, almost like an earth quake! There was a rumor going around that the lightening had struck just across the street of where the floater fairies were walking. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it did. Heavenly Father protectes Oakcrest. Satan does not want Oakcrest to be successful in building 1000s of girls testimony this summer, but Heavenly Father is on our side and will fight our battles with us. Twinkle is so grateful to be doing the work of the Lord.
The floater fairies became well-known at camp because they judged TNT (I don't know what that stands for, but a clean cabin contest). Every day at lunch they would dance to a song and show the signs of the cabins who one. Here is Adidas, Boo, and Econo dancing it up!
Sunny D, one of the floater fairies, didn't get to camp until Thursday. She has been going to school, and just finished her finals. Her fellow floater fairies sure missed her and were very glad she made it! A few hours before Sunny D made it to camp Meeko left, just missing each other.
The floater fairies regretted not taking more pictures, so they did a quick photo shoot!
The floater fairies experienced many miracles last week:
-Monday morning it was raining (of course:)), We were nervous we'd have to move welcome ceremony to the lodge, and all the campers' luggage would get wet, but we said a prayer that it would stop raining, and it did! Welcome ceremony was outside! It went great! The campers were very excited to be there. After they all checked into their cabins they came to lunch. As soon as we sat down to eat in the lodge, it started POURING RAIN outside. It lasted all throughout lunch and singing time, and then when the campers were ready to leave the lodge it stopped. Heavenly Father controls the elements.
-Wednesday, the floater fairies should've been struck by lightening, or at least slightly hurt from an after shock, but Heavenly Father still has a work to do for them this summer, so them, and all of Oakcrest were protected.
-Cookouts were difficult with all of the rain and wet wood, but many prayers were said and answered, and fires were started and food was eaten!
-My favorite miracle of the week was closing ceremonies because all the campers were a part of it. At closing ceremonies every week each counselor gives each of their girls a card and a hug. As we gathered for closing ceremonies it once again began to rain. KaBunga asked all the campers to please bow the heads and fold their arms while she prayed that the rain would stop so that they could go forward with closing ceremonies. Each camper had great faith and Aspen Grove experience yet another miracle. As the amens were said the rain immediately began to slow, and within 5 mins it had stopped completely. By the time closing cermeonies ended the sun was shining. It was a very neat experience for me, and I'm sure it was for the campers too.
The End!
Being a floater was great! I got really close to each of my floater buddies. Meeko is an amazing girl who has high expectations of herself. She wants to badly to be able to do the Lord's work, and I know that if she continues to do her best she will work miracles. Boo is very outgoing and everybody's favorite. She has an amazing ability to see the good and talents of other people, but it doesn't stop there. She tells them how amazing they are, and she means it. She's not afraid to share her testimony at any time, and is there to help anyone in need. Sunny D. came up on Thursday full of energy and ready to work. She has a very very sweet spirit and just being around her makes you happy. She really is a sweetheart and I love her. As I got to know each of these girls it was once again impressed upon me how amazing each one is. They each have been prepared in the Lord's way to work at Oakcrest this summer. I know that as they get campers this week and share their beautiful testimonies with these girls, they will make a difference in their campers lives. I am super excited for their campers, they are in for a treat!
I am also very excited to finally be getting campers this week! I hope so badly that I can show each girl how much I love them, for I really do love them so much already. I also hope that I will be able to show them how much their Savior loves them, and how He is always there for them. I hope I can make this week one of the best weeks of these campers lives. I hope that I can say what my Heavenly Father would say if He were here, and I hope they will go home on Friday with a renewed determination to serve the Lord, and an even stronger testimony. I know that with the Lord's help, I can!
PS. this is a picture from pre-camp but I just had to share it! So... I don't know if any of you have seen that info-mercial about the bump it? It's hilarious! A bump it is a very special piece of plastic that goes in a girl's hair and helps to form the alien looking hump that some girls like to wear on their head. We counselors thought, why spend $30 on a bump it, when nature has already provided a way for one?! So... introducing.... the pine cone bump-it!! On sale now at your nearest pine tree!
5 comments:
That is a great first week. I'm glad it went well and you were able to do so much as a floater. I'm especially glad that you did not get struck by lightning and that you are constantly protected.
hmmm thats a nice belt you have on, where did you get it?? OH wait, i think thats MY belt.... Love you, looks like fun! Thanks for calling me yesterday. John says hello twinkle :)
Wow Em, keeping busy! I was wondering about you up there with all this crazy rain! I guess just be grateful that you weren't at Steph's girls camp with the hurricane warning! :)
I mean tornado....
It looks and sounds like camp is totally amazing and fun! I love that your doing this. I have told all my girls that are heading up there next week to look for you!! They will all love you cuz your so cute and fun!
Post a Comment