The Tuesday night party! We all dressed up as ever day heroes... (I was the sign :))
So we have the policeman (Becky), the fireman (amanda), and the teacher (Melissa).
Then we have the doctors (Kelsey and Trista)
The FBI agents (Danielle and Anatolia)
and the super moms! (Elena, Bekah, and Amelia (pronounced ah-ma-leah, cool huh?!))
One of the rotations at the party was a flour fight! They had a whole ton of nylons filled with flour and we basically just threw them at each other! bahaha it was way fun!
At Wednesday nights cookout we had this banana pudding... stuff :) which was actually pretty good, despite how it looked :). I'm feeding it to Elena. Elena was my little German girl! She was so cute! She just got to the US two days before camp, and she was such a good sport. She was my first non-member and I just wanted to teach her eveything and get her baptized by the end of the week! But... she didn't really understand English. So that was difficult. I was a little discouraged, but my roommate Shortcake reminded me that the spirit doesn't have a language, everyone can understand Him. I hope that Elena felt the spirit this week, and that she will always remember that feeling. Hopefully I planted a seed in her heart, and maybe when she gets back to Germany Evan will find her and teach her the gospel in her own language! :) I pray that someday, she will learn the good news of the gospel!
Lobsterbush feeding me some pudding...
...which suddenly turned into a pudding fight. haha she's a little punk, but I love her! I really do look up to her so much, ever since I met her. She is always smiling and happy, she loves everyone and always sincerely asks how you're doing. She loves the gospel, and she's got that glow! I hope I can be like her someday!
Thursday morning is mudslides, we finally had some good hot weather this week! It was wonderful! the mud sliders....
Amanda, Melissa, Danielle, me, Bekah, Trista, and Amelia
The last day was pretty sad... I can't believe another week is already over. It was an amazing week, with some amazing girls. I understand more how everything works, and I am getting better at teaching by the spirit! The work of the Lord is amazing! This week I feel much like Ammon did when teaching the Lamanites! Full of joy!! But I do not boast in my own strength, for on my own I am weak. But with the strength of the Lord I can do all things! I love the amazing experience that Oakcrest has the potential to be for everyone.
Miracles of the week:
-my home-sickey stopped crying! After many prayers and hugs.
-my anorexic girl was eating on her own by the end of the week, without me telling her to! Also after many prayers...
-my depressed girl was smiling and joking by Wednesday! She's ready to go back and face life with a smile!
-My surprise non-member wants to be baptized!! So on Sunday we get information cards for each of our campers that tell us whether or not they are members, their birthdays, whether they live with one or both parents, and many other good information to know... Well according to my camper's info cards I only had one non-member, but at Testimony meeting one sweet camper started out her testimony by saying... Even though I haven't been baptized yet, I still want to bear my testimony...(in my head i'm going what? Wait! I didn't know she was a non-member! what is happenning?!) but she continued to bear a very beautiful simple tesitmony of the gospel. and she wants to be baptized! Hooray! the spirit rocks!
-I taught by the spirit! I really felt it leading me in my Unit Prayers.
-I was able to make friends with my German, even though we both don't understand each other very well :)
-I only had one sick girl, and she was tough as nails! and got better quick!
-Testimonies were strengthened, including mine!
-I made it through the week! Like I said earlier, as to my own strength I am weak, but in the strength of the Lord I can do all things!
and many more miracles. I love this gospel so much! and I have the best job in the world! The work of the Lord is not exhausting, but exhilerating!! Hurrah for Israel!
4 comments:
Looks like so much fun Em! I bet your just the best darn camp leader ever! I'm glad you love it, i love you, i miss you!
Wow Em, sounds like an eventful week and a great group of girls! Keep up the good work, the gospel's true and I'm sure you are touching so many lives! We did the whold flour-in-a-nylon fight thing for FHE a few weeks ago, it's pretty fun!
I am so grateful you have had a great week. You are doing great things and doing them in the spirit of love, not just entertainment - that's when the fun ends up touching lives for good. I wish I could be one of your campers or a butterfly just following you all around.
I love your new title and background. It's perfect. We miss you.
We love having you come each week and sharing, first hand.the miracles you were apart of.
Post a Comment