Saturday, August 14, 2010

Moses

Session: Twin Falls, ID SAH Company Name: Moses
Session Directors: Brother and Sister Hess
Co-counselor: Kori Andrews

Introducing Moses: Back row - Megan, Garret, Hyrum, me, Kori, Lisa, Kaylie, Jocelyn
Middle row - Frankie, Cassie, Carly, Lauren, Blake, Carrie
Front row: Emily C., Evan, Jessica
Not pictured: Dru, Kade, Jacob, Michael
 My last week of efy and my very first Stay At Home session. I can't believe it's already over. It was a wonderful, hard, rewarding, stressfull, prayerful week. I am very grateful that I had the opportunity to be a counselor for these great kids.

here's the pics:
Super fun Games night, that's my co, Kori. He was really awesome with the kids. 
Below is our awesome cheer, probably my favorite from this summer.


One great thing about stay at homes... the kids go home at night we enjoy counselor time!


This is one of my co's from last week, he's a really good hugger.

That's my girl Carly with the mic, her and some friends tap danced, and it was awesome!
Service project

That's right, we're gangsta's


what's that?

crazy boys
Kori and I. Awesome co, good guy. 
Most of the girls

We are Moses

 A few things I want to remember:

  • Kade's awesome change of heart testimony - he thought he wasn't missionary material, now he's going on a mission. 
  • Lauren's surprise 16th birthday party on Wednesday. Epic failure. Good times. 
  • Always give people the benefit of the doubt. Expect that they are doing the best things. Know that they are not driving you crazy on purpose. Most of the time. 
  • Being a mom is going to be hard. Really hard. But also rewarding I think. 
  • Late night trips to the DQ with crazy efy counselors. 
  • Brother and Sister Hess are absolutely amazing. I want to be like them someday. 
  • Prayer works, Heavenly Father cares, and the enabling power of the atonement is real. 
  • Biggest musical program ever. (150-ish kids)
  • Dancing like crazy and then all the counselors freezing for an entire song. 
  • Always give hugs. Really good ones. 
  • Kori's insanely white teeth. 
  • Treat everyone like they're the coolest people you've ever met. 
  • The church is true! 
  • When people feel the spirit it makes them want to change, to be better. 
  • Missionary talks with awesome counselors. 
  • Giving your best = happiness.

No comments: