Sunday, August 1, 2010

Endure to the End


Session: Ephraim 01, Company Name: Endure to the End

Hooray for being in Ephraim and at Snow College! I love this place! It was so much fun to be back. My Co's this week were Heather Sundblom and Steven Jensen. Once again, I had 14-15 year olds, the little babies :) This session was TINY compared to others. There were only about 200 kids, and 18 counselors I think. So much fun tho! I worked with basically the same team from SLC and it was nice to already know, or at least know of, everyone. Our session directors were Brother and Sister Williamson, I didn't realize till Friday, but Brother Williamson was a teacher when I was a participant in Logan at a SAH! Crazy! They were awesome!

We stayed at park place apartments, which was so nice! I got to room with 5 other counselors and we had SO much fun! I loved it! For a lot of the other counselors it was their last week of efy, so we partied hard.

Every Monday night after the FHE fireside with the Session directors (Brother and Sister Williamson) we play games as a company. My favorite is the animal sounds game, because we get to watch the kids walk around with their eyes closed trying to figure out what on earth a whale sounds like! ha it's awesome! Here's a few pics!



This week was so much fun because our company always just went to our company spot early and played random games. We all bonded so well, and had so much fun together! Here' s some pics of playing "serious and solemn occasion," other favorites were "ninja", and "baby if you love me."
and a few more pics, just hangin out at the company spot...

Games night was awesome! Nikki and Dru said their sisters had a tradition of always winning the banner contest, and were determined to win. They made plans days in advance, and our banner ROCKED! We won, of course :)

Thursday when we were all dressed up and looking nice, it poured rain! It was quite the adventure. We did scripture study in the top of the Noyes Building, and the kids loved it.

During free-time it rained so much that there were rivers everywhere. All of our apartments faced each other and there was a big grassy area in the middle. The entire session went out and played and danced in the rain. A few of us got in a mud fight (it made me miss Oakcrest a little), then a bunch of the counselors played sand/mud volleyball. It was so much fun!

Thursday was awesome, like usual.

Friday morning after scripture study we always do a review of the goals and kind of see how we did during the week. While we did this our neighboring company were singing obnoxiously, so we figured what else to do, but sing obnoxiously back. It soon turned into a song-off and we had so much fun! Friday's at efy are definitely high-energy! Bahaha good times!

Service project rocked, like usual :)

A few last things:
  • My girls were AWESOME this week! They were so so so good at participating. Pizza night was so much fun, we made fazooki's, danced like crazy ladies, and shared our deepest darkest secrets :) Meaning I told them about Evan. I don't normally tell my girls, but they asked about my first kiss, therefore... they got to hear it all! They were so cute, they all wanted to write him a note. It was so funny because they kept saying "well I don't know you but we definitely have something in common, we both love Emily!" and they thought it was so funny. I really did love this group of girls SO much! I miss them.
Back: Rebecca, Brooke, Nicole, Jezni (sweet name huh?), Sarah, Kandice, and Cori
Front: Ally, Haley, me, Dru, and Nikki

  • So my co, Steve, and my co from SLC 03, Warren had this crazy bro-mance going on and it was so funny. They were ALWAYS together. Having company spots next to each other didn't exactly help, or doing games night together, or even doing invitation to reverence together, it made me giggle a little.
  • I was on Sam's panel again. It was an awesome experience. There were times when I wasn't sure what I was going to say, but I'd just start talking and all the sudden things would just pop into my head, and I could tell it was something they needed to hear.
  • Thursday morning I had a girl who told me she had called her mom and was leaving ASAP. I was slightly shocked. I talked to her, we prayed together, and she ended up staying for the rest of the time. I am SO grateful! I think she really needed too.
  • One of my girls, Rebecca, could bark like a dog, she was in the variety show for it. It was AWESOME!
  • Friday night at midnight me and all my roommates went outside and ran around yelling because it was Heather's birthday! All the kids thought we had lost it :)
  • One of my favorite parts of efy is every morning during scripture study, when you look around and everywhere you look there are youth of the church studying the scriptures and talking to their Heavenly Father. It's an awesome thing to see. The youth of the church are AMAZING. I learn much from them every week. The future of the church is in good hands.

  • Steve (my co) was just about the best journal writer I've ever met, because of him I want to be so much better at writing in my journal. For invitation to reverence he went back to his journal from when he was at efy and read his reactions and thoughts of Thursday. It was really neat. 
  • Heather (my other co) was super cute. She was fun to watch teach because she was so animated. We worked through a lot of crazy things together with our girls and their "drama." She's in China now, crazy huh?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I hope you wrote even more details in your journal. You have had some amazing experiences. I don't know how you do it but am so grateful that you have. I love you.