The word reflection is defined as careful thought, especially the process of reconsidering previous actions, events, or decisions. For my final project I decided that I wanted to do reflections in a bucket. I bought a black bucket, filled it with water, then walked around taking pictures of reflections of the sky in my bucket. I found it especially interesting that although most of the picture was clear, where the water rippled it came out a little blurry. As I go throughout my life I often find myself reflecting on my past actions. Did I make the right decision? Was I as nice to someone as I should’ve been? Did I do any good in the world today? Sometimes my actions are clear. Sometimes they are more blurry. I hope that in my future I can make my life’s pictures more and more clear, so that when the day comes to an end I can reflect on my actions and know that the world was better because I woke up that morning and got out of bed.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Reflections in a Bucket
This is my photography final! We were required to take ten pictures, and then we had a big art show with all of the photo students. There was food and everyone was invited. My sweet family, and all of my roommates came to support me, and I appreciated it so much! I am so grateful for all of the support I have received throughout this school year. I feel so blessed! So here is my artist statement... and a couple pictures of my pictuers.
The word reflection is defined as careful thought, especially the process of reconsidering previous actions, events, or decisions. For my final project I decided that I wanted to do reflections in a bucket. I bought a black bucket, filled it with water, then walked around taking pictures of reflections of the sky in my bucket. I found it especially interesting that although most of the picture was clear, where the water rippled it came out a little blurry. As I go throughout my life I often find myself reflecting on my past actions. Did I make the right decision? Was I as nice to someone as I should’ve been? Did I do any good in the world today? Sometimes my actions are clear. Sometimes they are more blurry. I hope that in my future I can make my life’s pictures more and more clear, so that when the day comes to an end I can reflect on my actions and know that the world was better because I woke up that morning and got out of bed.



The word reflection is defined as careful thought, especially the process of reconsidering previous actions, events, or decisions. For my final project I decided that I wanted to do reflections in a bucket. I bought a black bucket, filled it with water, then walked around taking pictures of reflections of the sky in my bucket. I found it especially interesting that although most of the picture was clear, where the water rippled it came out a little blurry. As I go throughout my life I often find myself reflecting on my past actions. Did I make the right decision? Was I as nice to someone as I should’ve been? Did I do any good in the world today? Sometimes my actions are clear. Sometimes they are more blurry. I hope that in my future I can make my life’s pictures more and more clear, so that when the day comes to an end I can reflect on my actions and know that the world was better because I woke up that morning and got out of bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi this is your most favorite roommate and I was letting you know that you forgot to mention your who you best friend is. Jk I know you love us all the same although i truly secretly want to be your best friend. I love you lots and I miss you guys already. I didn't think it would be this hard to move home. You guys are my best friends and I want to thank you for everything you did for me. You are such a great example. Please just don't forget about me, and I hope you love me just as much as I love you!
Love, Kara Jayne(your best friend)
Post a Comment