Sunday, May 3, 2009

More reflections I'd like to share...

I can't believe this school year is already over! It has been a crazy year. With Evan leaving, fall semester was pretty hard. There were many teary nights, but I was blessed with some of the most amazing roommates in the world. They were always there for me. There would always be someone there to give me a hug just when I needed it. They would all get so excited for me whenver I got a letter from Evan. They'd ask how he was doing. They listened to me while I told and retold story after story about evan, somehow understanding the need to think about him and reminisce about those times. They encouraged me with all of my classes and all of my other endeavors. They were even almost as excited as I was about Oakcrest, despite not having any idea what it was. They believed in me. They made me laugh. They helped me de-stress. They listened when I needed to talk. They taught when I needed to learn. They made me feel important. They truly loved me, and I love each of them so much! Not to mention they are some of the most beautiful girls, inside and out. I have learned so much from each and every one of them. We've had some amazing times, some amazing memories, and made some lasting friendships. I will never forget them, or our experiences shared. I look forward to making many more memories with them.



Lindsay - my room-roommate. She is the happiest girl I know. She's also one of the busiest girls I've ever met, but she always found time to talk to me. We spent many nights sitting in our room, just talking and laughing. We had many deep conversations about the gospel, many conversations about Evan and Caleb, and many conversations about missionaries. We were able to relate a lot sending out missionaries together. I will never forget the excitement we shared as we got letters, put on stickers on our count-down charts, and counted down the days till Christmas... for months! We sent out packages together, made and listened to tapes together, and shared our deepest fears and greatest excitements. She taught me to expect more of myself. To be happy, and to not worry so much about the little things.


Kara - my best friend! She has been through so much, and still lives, loves, and is happy. Her testimony inspires me, her drive to become better and be the best makes me want to change. I will never forget talking about our distant boys together, sharing our stories, and studying together. I am grateful for her testimony. I am so grateful that she would be my best friend. It really meant more than she'll probably ever know. I love her instant happiness as she realizes she gets to see Jesse soon. I love her random quotes like "I feel like crap, but a lot of it" and "I'm telling you, kissing is fun!" She makes me happy! She is amazing.


Best Friends....


Kamilla - Kara's room-roommate. Kamilla is one funny, loving, girl. She is always reading another inspiring book. I am grateful for our deep talks about the gospel, for her willingnes to share all that she learns, and for help in helping me learn to make time to have fun, and to love those around me. We had many late nights talks, both getting so excited about whatever we're talking about that there's not time to breathe. She also has a beautiful testimony, enduring each of her trials with a smile on her face. Her creativeness makes me want to make something! Her passion for life and what she's going to make of it makes me want to find something I can be that passionate about. She is a deep thinker, and I love when she shares her deep thoughts with me. I also love the her very hyper moods after a good nap!


Krystal - Krystal is amazing. She is able to become close friends with almost anyone, and knows the importance of maintaining those relationships. She makes time for everyone. I will never forget the night I stayed up till two or three in the morning finishing an art project, and she stayed up with me just so I didn't have to be alone. I am grateful for the many talks that we had. She taught me how to do the perfect pony tail, and that people are more important.


Jackie - Jackie Chan, Jaque (say with French accent), mystery roommate! haha Jackie is one funny girl! I am going to miss the random bursts of laughter coming from her room. Making it even funnier knowing that she is alone in her room, laughing uncontrollably. I will also never forget the loud banging as she fell down or ran into something! She is funny, and I am grateful for the excitement she always had to share whatever was happenning in her life, especially about the latest boy. The way that she deals with her many trials made me realize that life's not so bad.


Shelby - Shelby is amazing. Her encouragement got me through my 2D design class. Her self-control to eat healthy is something that I admire, and quiet testimony always touches me. Visiting teaching visits together, snowboarding, and missionary talks, are all things that I am going to miss. Her faith in the Savior and in our Heavenly Father makes me want to learn to truly trust in the Lord. The way that she involves our Heavenly Father in every aspect of her life has taught me much. I am so glad that I got to live with Shelby this year and to get to know her better.


Jillian - Jillian is one of the most selfless people I know. She would give whatever someone needed without taking a second thought, whether it was time, a ride, bread, or even her soft butter. The excitement she shared with me whenever I told her a story, even when it was a repeat, meant more than she knows. The notes she wrote to me are things that I will always keep. Her hugs are amazing. Her laugh is contagious, she can find humor in almost anything. She always calls me Lady and Ernie, haha who knows why? She is always looking for ways to help others, and I hope to be more like her one day. I am so super excited that I get to room with her at Utah State next semester!!


My aunt Lauri took all of these great pictures, which we are all so grateful for. These girls are amazing!


As I look back I will always remember these times at Snow College with a great big smile on my face.


I'll remember the many good, deep talks we had, and the funny random ones.


We made it through the school year! This is a time never to be forgotten, lessons learned, memories made, and friendships that will last forever. I know that my Heavenly Father was involved in picking my roommates. He knew what I would need as I faced this years trials. He knew who would be able to help me the most, and who I'd learn some of the most important lessons of life from. I love these girls!! These small tributes don't say nearly enough.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I too am very grateful that you have enjoyed your roommates this year. They have taken great care of you. Thank you to all of you for being so good tomy little girl!

[ kamilla kaye ] said...

Oh Em! I'm crying a little bit...I'm going to miss being with all our roommates next year! We had some good times.

Elise said...

Oh Em, you are so good with words. I'm so glad you had such awesome roommates and your final project looks amazing. I love you and miss you!