Did I ever tell you how happy I am to be home?! It is so much fun to be back in Manti! I simply love it here! I love being with family, I love once again living in the shadow of the temple, I love pageant time, I love starting Snow Fun again, and? and I love spending time with old friends! It was Lady Sarah's birthday last Friday and Kate decided to throw her a tea party! So we all dressed in our formals and we had a ball! Here's some pics!



Other exciting news? Well after several long months of waiting... I finally heard back from efy! and they've come to the conclusion that I could use an amazing experience in my life. I am going to be an efy counselor for three different sessions, and I am so excited! This for me, is a dream come true! I am so grateful for the opportunities I will have to share my testimony, play with the amazing youth of the church, and hopefully make a difference in someone's life.
Today was also my first day of Snow Fun - my summer job for June. For those of you who may not know, Snow Fun is a youth conference program run through Snow College. Different wards and stakes come and we play field games, water games, have a ropes course, teach leadership workshops, have testimony meetings and firesides, and basically we have lots of fun! I worked Snow Fun two summers ago (before Oakcrest) and I am so excited to be back! Today was our first day of training and it went great! The staff all seems really awesome, I can't wait to get to know them. and once again, I can't wait to get to know so many new people through the groups that I will be hosting. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has seen fit for me to be able to share my testimony in so many fun ways.
Last Sunday was the Pageant opening fireside. Pageant time is one of my favorite times of the year. I regret that I will be so busy with Snow Fun and that I am not very capable of climbing that Temple hill. I wish I could be more involved. BUT I just wanted to invite anyone who would like to come to pageant to come! Our house is always open, I can't promise any beds, but we'd be happy to save some floor space or lawn space for you to sleep on. And I guess you could use our bathrooms too :) Pageant is June 17-26, except for Sundays and Mondays.
I would also encourage you too pray about someone that you can bring to the pageant. It is an awesome missionary opportunity to share the restoration of the gospel and some of the Book of Mormon with some of our brothers or sisters who are still waiting to learn the gospel. Sharing the gospel is something that everyone who has been baptized has covenanted to do.
My broken leg is doing swell. I had surgery on May 12, and it went amazing! Super fast and easy, and hardly painful. I have been using only one crutch for a whole week now and its exciting. I'm hoping to be able to loose that crutch next week sometime.
Well I think that's about it for now. This is Twinkle, signing off!
3 comments:
Yeah, so much fun, so many great blessings, so sweet you are!
Love the update Em! It is always good to hear what is going on in your life :) and EFY?? That is huge!!
Congratulations!
Love you
Whow, you are going to be busy and such a great example to so many. See you soon.
Post a Comment