Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dr Suess: Oh, the Places You'll Go...

This was a super week! I was healthy, my campers were wonderful, and I made it through another week! Oh, and I got a letter from my favorite missionary on Friday!! Haha can life get better? I submit that it cannot! So.... Here's a few pictures. Unfortunately I keep taking less and less pictures, I'll have to take more over the next two weeks.
So of course.... the teeth brushing party -
Kassidy, Brooke, Kellie, Ashley, Lauren, and Twinkle :)

We did archery on Tuesday, and I must say I'm a pretty good teacher cause my girls are way good shooters! What usually happens is I show them all how to shoot, I shoot one arrow and then the girls shoot the rest of the time, and they like it a lot! But this time no one wanted to shoot anymore, so... I got to shoot! and this is the arrow I shot! Pretty impressive, no? LOL I was impressed with myself! For those of you without superman eyes... that arrow is in the inner circle of the YELLOW!

Maybe I should've picked the name Robin Hood instead of Twinkle...

For the Tuesday night party we had another concert and it was super great!! Peter Breinholt came with his son and entertained us for awhile! I'm definitely a fan of concerts instead of Tuesday night parties! I really enjoyed the concert and I wish I had some of his music now... maybe someday!

So I guess Peter Breinholt has been coming and doing concerts at Oakcrest for the past 7 years or so. Several years ago he was given the nick name of Hairy... because he has no hair! haha we think we're so funny. Last year his son came up with him and rode the zipline a bunch... earning him the nickname of Zip-o! So this is Hairy and Zip-o rockin out!


Mud slides were fun! Although my girls weren't as into getting dirty as much... we still had fun tho! and Can I just say that you appreciate a shower about a bajillioin times as much as normal when you are FILTHY DIRTY!
Brooke, Kellie, Lindsey, Bailey, Sadie, Ashley, Twinkle, Lauren, Kassidy, and Erica
(yes I had a Sadie this week, and let me tell you... I thought of my dog every time I said her name. Poor girl. :) )

The group shot...
TOP: Lauren, Lindsey, Ashley, Brooke. BOTTOM: Bailey, Twinkle, Erica, Sadie, Kellie, Kassidy. NOT PICTURED: Madelynn - madelynn randomly had to go home on Wednesday and we missed her a lot. She was super cute, and super sweet, and I wish I could've gotten to know her better.

MIRACLES OF THE WEEK...
-Sunday afternoon I was still a little sick and I was wondering if I could do another week or not... I had been texting Domino about it and she said she felt like I could do it and I agreed. So, before leaving I had my dad and Brother Pace give me a blessing. It was wonderful. They blessed me to be healed, then my dad said something that his me pretty hard. He said to use this experience of being sick as a reminder to ask for help from my Heavenly Father. I am a very independent person. I don't like asking for help. I just sort of... do things. Usually. Whatever needs to be done I just do it, on my own, without help. I think before I got sick i was starting to try to do Oakcrest all on my own. I wasn't asking my Heavenly Father for help. This sickness experience definitely helped me realize that I can't do it on my own. I hope that I will always remember to ask my Heavenly Father for help, even when I feel like I can do it on my own. He can help me do it better. I prayed a lot this week, and the miracle is that I was better. I had enough energy to play with and enjoy my girls. and, my Heavenly Father helped me. a lot. :)

- I was able to share the above experience in a Unit Prayer on Monday night, and it really touched some of my girls. Particularly one who lost her father in a house fire a couple years ago.

-Every single one of my girls bore their testimony at testimony meeting, and it was probably the best testimony meeting I've had ALL summer!

-Heavenly Father blessed me with strength, which is something that I will continue to need to get through the next two weeks.


I am getting more and more tired each weekend, and it's a good thing that there is only two weeks left, but I most definitely still LOVE it!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Your right, we all need help. We are all stronger, better, . . . when we work with our team. Thanks for the reminder. so grateful you are healthy and having fun. I want to go to a fun concert some day. Let's do it.